Breasts are one of the most sensitive areas of skin on a woman’s body, and, because of the weight caused by the underlying fatty tissue, are susceptible to sagging. In order to have beautiful breasts, women need to pay special attention to this specific body part. Here are some tips to keep your breasts looking beautiful for a lifetime.
- Exfoliate daily to keep breasts smooth and firm. Use a scrub that contains collagen to replenish skin cells. Gently massage in a circular motion to increase blood circulation and promote breast firmness.
- Keep your weight consistent. Do not gain or lose more than five pounds over your lifetime if you want to retain firm breasts. When you gain weight, the skin becomes stretched, and breasts are more likely to sag.
- Do isometric exercises to keep breasts uplifted. Bring bent elbows out to your sides at about chest level, and place the palms together. Press the palms together firmly, holding for up to one minute. Do 20 to 50 repetitions daily to maintain firm breasts. In addition, perform push-ups by getting on your hands and knees. Stretch your body forward until your arms are under your shoulders. Press your body up and down slowly, keeping your neck and back straight. Your body should be parallel to the ground as you push up and down. Do 15 to 50 repetitions depending on your fitness level.
- Keep breasts and chest out of the sun. Sun damage is the No. 1 factor in wrinkling. Wear sunscreen when breasts or chest area is exposed to the sun.
- Lotion the breasts daily with a collagen-based body lotion. In addition, use a firming lotion that contains antioxidants to fight free radicals that might help to age the breasts.
- Wear a good, fitted bra. Do not let your breasts hang loose, even when you are sleeping. The weight on the tissue causes it to stretch and sag. Be especially vigilant when doing jumping or running exercises where the breasts might bounce or jiggle. Make sure the bra is supportive enough to hold the breasts in place to avoid stretching the breast tissue.
- Use a firming mask on your breasts and decolletage area every two weeks. While the mask dries, wear an old sports bra to hold breasts in place. Remove with warm water, body soap and a washcloth.
- Lift your breast with weight bearing exercises. Wholefitness.com recommends doing the flat chest press, incline chest press and cable crossover to have more beautiful breasts. Incline flys and pullovers also work to lift the breasts. Ask your personal trainer to show you correct form when performing these exercises.