Oily skin requires a skin-care regimen that helps combat excess oil and shine without removing too much natural oil from the skin. While it’s tempting to wash oily skin frequently, doing so can dry out your skin, causing redness and irritation. Many commercial products are available to combat oily skin issues, but they contain chemicals that can irritate the skin. You can make skin-care products for oily skin at home, which provides the opportunity to know what ingredients are going into your skin-care products.
- Stir 1 tsp. each of lemon juice and yogurt together in a bowl.
- Grind 1 tsp. dried oats in a food processor until they are powdery. Mix the oat powder into the lemon juice and yogurt. The oats add an exfoliating component to the oily skin facial cleanser.
- Massage the oily skin cleanser into your face and rinse off with warm water. Use daily to wash oily skin.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice and one egg white in a bowl. Mix the ingredients with an electric hand mixer until they are frothy.
- Massage the moisturizer into the skin of the face and neck. Leave the olive oil moisturizer on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Splash warm water on the face to wash off the moisturizer. Pat the skin dry with a clean towel. Olive oil moisturizes the skin, while the lemon juice and egg white work to tighten oily skin and cleanse the skin of excess surface oils.