Many women are interested in making their own skin care products from natural ingredients. This is because there’s a rising interest in organics. Here’s how you join the trend and make natural skin care products at home.
- Create an almond milk natural cleanser for oily skin. Combine 2 tsp. almond meal with 5 fl. oz. water, and whip the mixture in a blender for 2 minutes. Strain the whipped mixture through cheesecloth to make it smooth, and store your almond milk cleanser in a bottle. Apply the product to your face and wipe it off with soft tissues daily.
- Make a honey cleanser, which is appropriate for any skin type. Mix together 1 tsp. honey and 2 tbsp. warm milk. Rub this thin lotion over your face and neck, and massage it with your fingertips. Then, rinse off the cleanser.
- Wash with an olive oil cleanser by combining 2 tsp. olive oil and 1 tsp. honey. Apply the product to your face and neck, and wash it off.
- Design a lotion to enhance your complexion. Blend together 2 tbsp. almond meal and 5 fl. oz. water for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into a non-metal pan, add 24 violet flowers and heat gently. Allow the natural lotion to cool, then strain and bottle it.
- Use a natural pimple remedy. Take an orange calendula marigold petal and squeeze it between your fingers, causing it to bruise. Hold the bruised petal to your pimple for 2 minutes, and the spot heals overnight.
- Concoct a conditioning body mask that’s suitable for all skin types. Combine the following ingredients in a blender: 2 tbsp. half-and-half, ½ cup chopped pumpkin flesh, 2 tsp. honey, 2 egg whites, ½ a peach (with skin) and 1/8 tsp. instant coffee. Mix on a low-medium setting for 45 seconds, and spread the mask on your skin. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse off this skin care product with warm water.