Many men assume that only women need to be concerned about facial care; however, maintaining a clean and clear face is important for men too. Healthy skin portrays youth and confidence, which are important characteristics in the workplace and relationships. Follow these steps to maintain a clean and clear face.
- Select the right cleanser for your skin type. There are three skin types: oily, normal and combination.
- Turn on your faucet, allowing it to run until the water is tepid. Wash your hands with soap and then splash your face with water.
- Apply the cleanser to your fingertips, a clean washcloth or a facial-cleaning sponge.
- Start above your eyes and wipe the cleanser in an upward motion, over your forehead and towards your hairline.
- Begin just below your eyes and wipe in a downward motion over your cheeks. Repeat until you’ve thoroughly cleaned both cheeks.
- Scrub your temple areas and neck with cleanser.
- Rinse your face and neck with tepid water.
- Blot your skin with a clean towel until it is completely dry.